Monday, July 21, 2008

Ocean's Unrest - Watercolor Painting of storm over the ocean































I am going to the ocean for the next few weeks starting Thursday.

I won't be bringing a scanner but I will try to post the paintings by photographing them...

The first 12 days will be in Santa Monica and the second 12 days in Malibu. I am so very lucky between great friends and great relatives I have wonderful places to stay!

I posted this painting a long time ago, one year ago to be exact.  But I thought I would post it again before my ocean visit.

I can't get enough of the ocean-it doesn't matter what mood it is in. Working in watercolor lets the movement of the ocean come thru in painting. Ocean's Unrest is 8" x 5" and is on watercolor board which is a wonderful hard surface that is ideal for painting on location.  The price is

$125  please contact me at stopandsmile@mac.com

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh i adore your work, its spontaneous and full of atmosphere

Anonymous said...

gosh this is my fav so far

giselle said...

Love this, too! I'm linking you to my site.

Fifi Flowers said...

LUcky you! ANd you will get away from the heat!
Great photos! Lovely painting!
ENJOY!
Fifi

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I love your work! I'm going to the ocean in a couple weeks too, and your painting is so lovely, I just can't wait!

pve design said...

enjoy the sand, the sun and the surf! have a nice time away.

Marie Louise said...

Beautiful watercolor! I'm sure you'll come back from California with many more. Have a wonderful time on your holiday. I've just returned from mine and now want another one!!
Thanks for signing my guest book.

TIG said...

This painting is beautiful! Hope you're having a lovely time away in California.

Anonymous said...

your work is refreshing and wonderful

Ana Carini said...

Hi there!
I am here to introduce myself. I am new to the Blog community and would like to meet new people. Your blog attracts me, so I posted a link on my site. Stop by and say hi sometime~