Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Latigo Canyon

My husband and I just got back from a wonderful vacation thanks to the generosity of our friends and family.  Arlene and Dennis gave us there wonderful home in Santa Monica on Ocean Ave. for 2 weeks... every day was wonderful.  And our Michelle and Joe (cuz) gave us 2 weeks at there great home in Malibu on Latigo Canyon-- I actualy learned to handle the drive up that mountain.
This trip ended with a mini family reunion of  with  cousins from back home in Chicago (they now live in LA and New Jersey).  They  rented a wonderful home in Santa Barbara where we played with our little cousins Max, Julia, Ryan and Lily and their parents -- and of course my kids.. it was wonderful.
Thank you everyone... it was wonderful... love to all of you.
The painting above is a watercolor I did from my cousins backyard in Malibu one morning. Nice view....every moment of everyday the views were wonderful.

7 comments:

felicity said...

Hi Diane,

Thank you for your lovely comment. I am currently working on the next collection and would be happy to put you on my mailing list so you will be the first to know when I am up and running with it.

Fifi Flowers said...

That sounds positively FABULOUS! You are so fortunate!

Sylvia Jenstad said...

I love this picture... what a wonderful place to spend a couple of weeks....

TIG said...

This watercolour is just lovely! So glad to hear you had such a wonderful time.

Lilla Blanka said...

Hi Diane!

Thank you for your sweet comment!

All the photos (or 99% of them) in my blog I have taken myself (there are a few exceptions, but in those cases I have written the source of the picture).

I use a Canon Powershot S3 IS.

Have a nice day! I´ll check back to your blogs soon again :)

Mia

ashley said...

Diane,
am not sure where you would get the film for the lovely diana camera in the states- i just go to a good photography shop-or you could go the ebay route, sorry it took so long to respond...
oh and pretty blog by the way;)
x ashley

Unknown said...

Nice job Diane! The house on the upper left of the view is mine! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay across the canyon from me. How can I get a copy?